Get tight, titratable gene expression
With SBI’s SparQ™ Cumate Switch System, you can get inducible gene expression in mammalian cells with a range of cloning and expression lentivectors. The pCDH-CuO-MCS-EF1α-RFP SparQ™ Cloning and Expression Lentivector (Cat.# QM512B-1) is a dual promoter vector that drives your gene-of-interest or miRNA-of-interest with the inducible cumate switch promoter, and constitutively expresses RFP from an EF1α promoter.
With SBI’s SparQ™ Cumate Switch System, you can get inducible gene expression in mammalian cells through the binding of cumate, a non-toxic small molecule, to CymR. CymR can be delivered to cells on its own lentivector (Cat.#s QM200PA/VA-2 and QM300PA/VA-1), or on the same lentivector as your gene-of-interest (Cat.#s QM800A-1 and QM812B-1). Expression levels of your gene-of-interest are tightly controlled and increase with increasing cumate concentration until maximum induction is reached—see as much as a 32-fold increase in gene expression. Even better, induction is reversible, so you can turn expression levels on and off. Delivering negligible background expression in the absence of cumate, the SparQ System is an excellent choice for achieving controlled levels of gene expression.
- Robust—increase expression up to 32-fold
- Adjustable—tune expression levels by titrating the amount of cumate
- Reversible—turn expression on, then off, then on again
- Versatile—choose from all-in-one formats that co-express CymR and your gene-of-interest, or two-vector systems where CymR is expressed from a different plasmid
- Powerful—suitable for in vivo applications