ExoMAX™ Opti Enhancer
Faster, simpler sample prep for gradient-based
- Higher yields than standard workflow
- Faster, easier pre-gradient steps
- Great for biomarker discovery, functional assays
- Easily scalable to high sample volumes
Easier preparation for density gradient ultracentrifugation
For researchers needing highly pure exosomes, sucrose or OptiPrep™ (iodixanol) density gradient ultracentrifugation are the methods of choice. However, sample preparation prior to the density gradient is a time-consuming and multi-step process.
To streamline the pre-density gradient steps, SBI has developed ExoMAX™ Opti Enhancer, an easy-to-use reagent that can move samples to the density gradient in three easy steps. Instead of multiple low speed centrifugation steps followed by a high-speed ultracentrifugation step (Figure 1, left panel), with ExoMAX Opti Enhancer you can simply centrifuge the cell culture medium or biofluid to pellet cellular debris, incubate with ExoMAX Opti Enhancer, centrifuge again, and load the resuspended pellet onto the density gradient—no preliminary high-speed spin necessary (Figure 1, right panel). The resulting exosomes harvested from the density gradient are present in higher amounts compared to standard preparation methods, allowing you to start with smaller sample volumes, and can be easily separated from other co-precipitating particles such as viruses and protein aggregates (see the data in the Validation tab).
- High purity—supports separation of exosomes from viruses and protein aggregates
- High yield—delivers more exosomes than the traditional protocol, start with smaller samples
- More hands-free—three simple steps before the density gradient
- Flexible—compatible with downstream biomarker discovery and functional assays
- Scalable—pellet exosomes from any volume of conditioned media or biofluid and resuspend as needed for the density gradient
Figure 1. A better way to get to the gradient