Study exosomes from cultured cells
and not from FBS
Bovine exosomes removed from FBS
- Bovine exosomes are present in FBS
- Exosome-sized and CD63 vesicles removed
- No more detectable bovine microRNAs
- Exo-FBS supports robust cell growth rates
Exo-FBS™ Exosome-depleted FBS
Exosomes are 60-120 nm membrane vesicles secreted by most cell types in vivo and in vitro. Exosomes are found in blood, urine, amniotic fluid, malignant ascite fluids, urine and in media from cells in culture. Exosomes contain distinct subsets of microRNAs depending upon the cell type from which they are secreted. Standard growth medium for most cells in culture require fetal bovine serum (FBS) as a growth supplement to DMEM. FBS is derived from bovine (cow) serum and contains a high abundance of cow exosome vesicles. These exosomes can interfere or cause significant background issues when studying the exosomes secreted from your cells of interest in standard culture conditions.
SBI has developed an exosome-depleted FBS growth supplement called Exo-FBS that has been stripped of bovine exosomes. Exo-FBS supports equivalent growth of many types of cells in culture, is devoid of cow CD63 positive exosomes and does not have any measurable bovine microRNAs. Perform your studies of cellular secreted exosomes in culture without the worry of contaminating cow exosomes in your experiments. No ultracentrifugation required. Available as standard FBS supplement or heat inactivated FBS media supplement (treated at 65°C for 15 minutes before bovine exosome removal).
- Exosome-sized vesicles removed
- FBS that has been stripped of CD63 positive cow exosomes
- No detectable cow microRNAs
- Same cellular growth rates supported as standard FBS
- Use the same as standard FBS (add 10% in DMEM or RPMI)