microRNA Cloning Vectors
Efficient and stable miRNA overexpression
Lentiviral-based microRNA expression
- Stably express any miRNA
- Create stable cell lines
- Choice of HIV & FIV vectors with fluorescent protein markers
Express microRNA precursor transcripts using lentivectors
Efficient Delivery and Permanent microRNA overexpression
SBI’s microRNA Lentiviral Cloning and Expression System enables you to set up stable and heritable microRNA overexpression. You can easily and efficiently transduce dividing and quiescent mammalian cells—including difficult-to-transfect cells such as primary, stem, neuronal, and endothelial. In addition, our lentivectors can be used to generate microRNA overexpression in animals, such as transgenic mice.
Analyze the Specific Effects of microRNAs
The use of highly efficient and non-stressful lentiviral transduction greatly increases the likelihood that any observed phenotypic effects result from a specific microRNA.
Thoroughly Understand microRNA Function
The Lentivector system provides a convenient and effective approach to create stable cell lines or transgenic animals since it efficiently integrates the microRNA expression construct of your choice into genomic DNA. Assays with cell lines or transgenic animals that permanently and heritably maintain the overexpression phenotype.
Unique, Highly Effective System
SBI’s HIV and FIV-based Cloning and Expression Lentivectors are derived from self-inactivating lentiviral vectors. This unique system offers a highly effective and very safe approach for introducing and expressing any microRNA sequence in nearly any mammalian cell system.
Benefits and Features
- Express microRNA precursor transcripts in their native sequence context to ensure interaction with endogenous processing machinery leading to authentic mature microRNAs.
- Lentivirus-based expression system ensures efficient expression of microRNA in wide range of cell lines including nondividing or difficult-to-transfect cell lines.
- Replication incompetent HIV and FIV-based lentiviral expression systems are biologically safe.
- Monitor transduced cells with co-expressed copGFP fluorescent marker. Select cells stably expressing microRNA construct with Zeocin selection marker.
- Study of microRNA functions through over-expression of microRNAs in cells. (Shin, 2006; Stegmeier, 2005)
- Express microRNA in primary cells, stem cells, and non-dividing cells with the lentiviral delivery system. (Mathijs, 2006)
- Generate cell lines stably expressing microRNA to study cellular pathways and identify of target genes regulated by microRNA.