Committed to scientific excellence
Unique and powerful tools
- Vectors: Lenti, Minicircle, PiggyBac, PhiC31
- Stem Cell tools
- TALENs & Cas9 SmartNucleases
- MicroRNA research
- Exosome research tools
Dedicated to developing new technologies for your research
System Biosciences continues to create new and unique products as well as improve our well-established product lines. Our commitment to providing leading-edge technologies is matched by our high quality of manufacturing and quality control for all of our research reagents and research project services.
What to be looking for in 2011–2013:
Here is a glimpse of new products on the near horizon.
- Genome Editing Technologies: Edit genomes using guide RNAs and Cas9 SmartNuclease™ vectors. Make your own TAL Effector nucleases, transactivators and repressors with EZ-TAL™ kits.
- PhiC31 Integrase System: One-step, single copy gene addition using phiC31 integrase.
- Exo-NGS Exosome RNA Deep Sequencing Services: Discover novel patient biomarkers present in exosomes.
- Nonviral, Nonintegrating iPSC Service using EBNA Vectors: Efficiently generate model iPSC lines that are genetically unmodified and free of virus .
- Exo-FBS Exosome-depleted Media Supplement: Study cellular secreted exosomes in cell media without interference from bovine exosomes in FBS.
- mRNAExpress™ kit: Generate highly concentrated mRNAs for instant and direct expression in cells.
- Molecular Imaging Vectors: Bioluminescent and fluorescent lentiviral and minicircle imaging vectors.
- LncProfilers™: Profile human and mouse long non-coding RNAs (lncRNAs) using pre-formatted qPCR arrays.
- Minicircle DNA Technology: Produce minicircle DNA for nonintegrative sustained expression.
- piPSCs: Protein Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells: Nonviral and non-integrative iPS cell lines.
- SeraMir™ Exosome RNA Amplification: Isolate and amplify exoRNAs for qPCR profiling, Microarrays and NextGen Sequencing.
- Disease Model Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells: Type I and II Diabetes, ALS, MLD and Muscular Dystrophy iPS Cell lines.
- MycoQuick mycoplasma detection kit: Rapid and sensitive PCR assays to monitor cell cultures for mycoplams infections.
- PiggyBac Transposon System: Powerful vector technology for instant and multiplexed transgenesis.
New and unique products for 2007–2010
- New Cold Fusion Cloning Kit: Efficient method to rapidly fuse DNA fragments for easy clone construction.
- Pluripotency Response Reporters: Track Pluripotency in Living Cells with GFP and Quantitate Activities of Oct4 or Sox2 with Luciferase - all built into the Dual pGreenFire Response Reporters.
- miR-Selection System: Novel cellular method to detect microRNA binding to its target mRNA using a lentivector dual reporter system featuring Luciferase (Fire) and a Cytotoxic Sensor (Ctx).
- PureFection Transfection reagent: A powerful, broadly applicable transfection reagent for effective and reproducible transfections based on nanotechnology.
- Sterol response pGreenFire™ lenti-reporters: Lentivector-based transcription reporters for the monitoring of transcriptional network activity associated with sterol-sensing transcription factors - key to cardiovascular disease pathways.
- ExoQuick™ Exosome Precipitation Solution: Isolate Circulating Exosomes in serum and bio-fluids to discover MicroRNA Biomarkers.
- miRZips™: Novel lentivector-based technologies to permanently knockdown MicroRNAs.
- iPS Cell Lines: Human and Mouse induced pluripotent matched source and iPS cell lines.
- MicroRNA cluster constructs: Study Stem Cell and Cancer microRNA clusters through overexpression.
- Dual marker shRNA expression vector: SBI has built a powerful shRNA expression lentivector pGreenPuro™ to enable both GFP and Puro marker selection of stably transduced cells for your RNAi experiments.
- LentiStarter™Kit: optimized set of lentivector reagents for packaging and transduction testing.
- miR and PIWI-SNaREs: MicroRNA and piRNA Small Non-coding RNA Enrichment Systems that use epitope-tagged microRNA processing factors to pull-down the proteins and their associated RNAs. Identify messenger RNAs driven to RISC complexes.
- GeneNet™ Focused shRNA Libraries: These focused shRNA Libraries encode a pooled set of shRNAs designed against all genes of a specific function or class for Human Kinases, Phosphatases or Apoptosis-related genes. These libraries enable targeted high-throughput RNAi screens.
- miRNome MicroRNA Profilers: The qPCR arrays include microRNA assays in pre-formatted plates for either the full complement of human or the full complement of mouse individual microRNAs with three endogenous reference RNA controls on each plate. All microRNA assays based on the Sanger miRBase microRNA database registered entries.
- Lenti-miR™ MicroRNA Precursor Clones: Expanded microRNA precursor collection available in HIV-based Lentiviral Vectors. Over 580 individual microRNA precursor clones available arrayed or as pooled lentivirus for HT screens.
- Lentiviral-based Stem Cell Reporters: SBI’s growing list of lentivectors has been developed as the most effective way to deliver genetic constructs into virtually any cell types in vitro and in vivo. SBI has expanded our lentivector construct line into stem cell reporters. Create transgenic cell lines easily to monitor cellular differentiation using cell and pathway-specific promoters linked to GFP reporters.
- QuantiMir™ RT Kit: this new and popular technology allows for the real-time qPCR quantitation of hundreds of microRNAs simultaneously from a single cDNA synthesis. Design your own microRNA assays for innovative experimentation.
- Cancer microRNA qPCR assay panel (The OncoMir Collection): preformatted microRNA assay panel to assess 95 microRNAs known to be involved in Cancer.
- Stem Cell microRNA assay panel: profile 95 microRNAs involved in Stem Cell differentiation enabling the simultaneous monitoring of stem cell self-maintenance, hematopoiesis pathways and neural differentiation.
We are grateful for your support in the past and look forward to providing you with the best new reagents, technologies and services to accelerate your successful research objectives.